Brantford Pride Month is an annual event that runs in June. The main event is Pride in the Park held the third Saturday in June.
The Brantford Pride Committee is a grassroots group, working to mobilize around issues affecting the 2SLGBTQ+ community in Brantford, while holding space to celebrate and honour the 2SLGBTQ+ community!
-There is a DJ, and musical performances. At peak times, the paved path the booths are set up along can be very crowded
- Pets are welcome in the park, so please note there tends to be ample leashed, Pride doggos meandering the park with their owners
- There is a BBQ this year, there will be beef, chicken, and vegetarian options, and lots of grilling smells to be aware of
- The area we are located in the park, is near a splashpad, so near the splashpad it can smell chlorinated, and there’s always lots of kiddos yelling and having fun
- There is a designated lower-sensory area with shade, water, sunglasses, blankets, ice, colouring sheets, and ear plugs. Feel free to use this space, and let folks know about it if they need it!
- The booths are all set up along a paved path, which is flat and navigable with mobility devices
- There is a bathroom area in the location we set up. Our committee puts up signs to indicate which stalls have urinals, and they are gender-free spaces for the event. There is an accessible bathroom in this space as well