GenderQuest, Kind Space
GenderQuest is a support and social group for trans, non-binary, gender diverse and two-spirit adults. This is a diverse, peer-led social group for those at any stage of transition: come share, learn, and socialize in a safer space. All trans, two-spirit, and gender-diverse people are welcome to attend. Join Taryn and others who are on their gender quest!
Ottawa, ON K2P 2N1
Hours: 2nd Mondays of the month 7-9 pm (online), 4th Wednesdays of the month 7-9pm (in-person)
Regions Served: Ottawa
Type of Service: Drop-in/Support Group
Closed Identity-Specific Groups: Open to All Races, Trans, Open to All Genders and Sexualities
Physically Accessible to Wheelchairs and Mobility Devices: Yes
Accessible Washrooms: Yes
Gender-neutral Washrooms: Yes
Scent-free / Low Scent: Scent-free
Food: Food available to buy, No food available
Transit Reimbursements: No
Other Access Info:FINANCIAL
- Attending groups are free.
- Registration is required per our COVID-19 protocols.
- Attending events are free or sliding-scale, with a pay-it-forward options for community.
- Services to community members are free.
- Workshops and speaking requests are available on a sliding-scale.
- Accessible by public transit, on paid street parking in front of the building (subject to availability).
- Open concept space. Open kitchen, lounge, and library. Two meeting rooms. A quiet room. 2 staff offices.
- Gendered, stalled washrooms and an accessible, all gender washroom that is shared with other building tenants
- Kitchen space with full fridge, microwave, and dishwasher.
- Hardwood floors, no carpet.
- Automatic doors, activated by a button.
- Building doors lock at 6pm on week nights and those coming to the space will need to call to be let in. We are working on getting a buzzer system installed.
- Low/no-scent space
- Large windows with natural light
- Fluorescent overhead lighting
- During the day their is low to moderate sound, during the evening there is increased sounds including music and laughter
- Dogs are welcome in the space. There is a pug, Pogo, that visits on a part-time but consistent basis. Service and trauma dogs are sometimes in attendance to groups or events. We will let people know when Pogo is onsite and to do our best to inform people in advance if we know there will be dogs onsite.
- Currently, Kind Space is primarily english-speaking, but has several volunteers that speak various languages.
- Most of our resource material is available in english. We are preparing to have materials available in french and arabic.
- We are also looking for volunteer and contract translators (written and oral). Please email email@example.com.
- We’re looking to build our resource of people who can offer interpretation services on a voluntary or contract basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.