Queering Faith, Kind Space
Queering Faith is a discussion group for diverse queer people who experience a variety of different faiths. This group is also those in the process of reclaiming, resettling or repairing from faith, while being proudly queer or 2SLGBTQIA+. This group works to dismantle religious based harm; pursue intersectional justice; celebrate all queer people who experience faith and spirituality; and be a gentle sharing space in your independent journey! This group will have a max restriction of 10 people to start in-person. Contact Chris and Jonathan at email@example.com if you have questions or wish to join
Ottawa, ON K2P 2N1
Ages Served: 18 and up
Hours: Second Sunday of the month from 4-7 pm
Regions Served: Ottawa
Type of Service: Drop-in/Support Group
Closed Identity-Specific Groups: Open to All Races, Open to All Genders and Sexualities
Physically Accessible to Wheelchairs and Mobility Devices: Yes
Accessible Washrooms: Yes
Gender-neutral Washrooms: Yes
Scent-free / Low Scent: Scent-free
Food: No food available
Transit Reimbursements: No
Other Access Info:FINANCIAL
- Attending groups are free.
- Registration is required per our COVID-19 protocols.
- Attending events are free or sliding-scale, with a pay-it-forward options for community.
- Services to community members are free.
- Workshops and speaking requests are available on a sliding-scale.
- Accessible by public transit, on paid street parking in front of the building (subject to availability).
- Open concept space. Open kitchen, lounge, and library. Two meeting rooms. A quiet room. 2 staff offices.
- Gendered, stalled washrooms and an accessible, all gender washroom that is shared with other building tenants
- Kitchen space with full fridge, microwave, and dishwasher.
- Hardwood floors, no carpet.
- Automatic doors, activated by a button.
- Building doors lock at 6pm on week nights and those coming to the space will need to call to be let in. We are working on getting a buzzer system installed.
- Low/no-scent space
- Large windows with natural light
- Fluorescent overhead lighting
- During the day their is low to moderate sound, during the evening there is increased sounds including music and laughter
- Dogs are welcome in the space. There is a pug, Pogo, that visits on a part-time but consistent basis. Service and trauma dogs are sometimes in attendance to groups or events. We will let people know when Pogo is onsite and to do our best to inform people in advance if we know there will be dogs onsite.
- Currently, Kind Space is primarily english-speaking, but has several volunteers that speak various languages.
- Most of our resource material is available in english. We are preparing to have materials available in french and arabic.
- We are also looking for volunteer and contract translators (written and oral). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’re looking to build our resource of people who can offer interpretation services on a voluntary or contract basis. Please email email@example.com.